About Trinity Baptist Church

At Trinity Baptist Church of Gaffney…

Our Pastor

Our pastor has ministered at Trinity Baptist Church since September 1987. He holds graduate degrees from Bob Jones University, the University of Michigan (Ann Arbor), and the University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill).

He and his wife, Linda, have four children and thirteen grandchildren.

Our Sanctuary

Our sanctuary is one of the historic attractions in Cherokee County. It was built in 1847 under the direction of Dr. Thomas Curtis, a Baptist pastor from London and founder of the institution now known as Limestone College. Before the church was built, a small log cabin stood on the property, housing a Sunday school and preaching station. The walls are made of bricks, some of which were formed from clay native to the area. Other bricks were brought up from Charleston, where they had been used as ballast in sailing vessels.

Since 1847 the sanctuary has always been home to a Baptist congregation. Over the years it has undergone several name changes: Ephesus Baptist Church, Limestone Baptist Church, and Limestone Springs Baptist Church. The present congregation purchased the church building in 1983, changed the name to Trinity Baptist Church, and initiated a program of repair and renovation. Guided tours are available upon request.

Our Beliefs

Our beliefs are those historic truths that Baptists faithful to the Word of God have always held.